Welcome

You are about to enter... the graphic design zone!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Design Pattern

Here's the design pattern thing we had to do. I chose to make the pattern with a coke bottle. There's not much to explain for this one. I just followed the tutorial using a Coke bottle instead of a guitar, and I added a yellow hue instead of a blue one. Also, I used my silhouette instead of the one they used. Once I got all the basic stuff done, I added the "Drink Coca-Cola" text with a cursive/handwriting looking font to sort of match the Coca-Cola logo font. Then, I added an outer glow to the main Coke bottle, duplicated the main Coke bottle, and made that layer's outer glow have some noise to make it look cool. Then, to make a reflection, I duplicated the large Coke bottle and removed the outer glow effect; then, I flipped the bottle, moved it below the main one, added a layer mask, and used the gradient tool on the layer mask to make the reflection fade out. I did not lower the opacity because I think it already looks subtle enough. To add the stroke, I just followed the steps Ms. Klein gave us. I used the pen tool to create a path, used the stroke path with my choice of brush and color, and then added an outer glow to the stroke to make it more vivid. Next, I added a small Gaussian blur to the black box at the bottom to make it look nicer. Then, I added the ".refreshing" at the bottom in a more modern, "refreshing" looking font to make it look cool. Anyway, hope you enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment