Welcome

You are about to enter... the graphic design zone!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Movie Poster

 Okay, here's the power ball movie poster. This wasn't too difficult to make. I just followed the steps on the tutorial. I couldn't get my power ball to look exactly like theirs, but I guess that's okay because mine still looks cool. It took me awhile to find a good picture of Mordor that wasn't blurry or tiny. I used a Will Ferrell as my celebrity; I just cut him out of another picture with the magnetic lasso tool and made any corrections with the lasso tool. I used the dragons from the website they provided and cut them out and put them in the background. I adjusted the Hue/Saturation for all of them to make them more red-colored so they would match the overall feeling. Then I added the catchphrase at the top. Finally, for the logo, I used the logo from "How To Train Your Dragon" but I cut out the work "Train." First, I had to get rid of all the white background from the logo. Then I used the rectangular marquee tool to cut out the word "Train." Next, I added my own text that says "Kill." I found the typeface that looks most similar to the one they used. Then, I adjusted the kerning and other settings so it would match the best. After that, I used the eyedropper tool to select a color from the logo and then I changed the word "Kill" to that color. Next, I added a slight blur to the word "Kill" so it would blend in better. Then I merged the logo and my text into one layer and increased the saturation so it would be extra red. Finally, I added the text "Will Ferrell knows..." and changed the color to the same red. Then I added a lens flare to make it look cool. Anyway, I think that's everything; hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment