Welcome

You are about to enter... the graphic design zone!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Project - Achievement, Part 1


Okay, here's the first part of the collage we had to do. I used various pictures and used the vintage Polaroid effect on them like in the tutorial, so there's not much to explain about that. I used the same background as in the vintage Polaroid tutorial, but I made a layer on top of the background called "circles" and I set the blending mode to "Overlay." Then, I drew random white and gray circles on the layer to create darker and lighter circles on the background to make it look cool. The silhouette was pretty simple, too; I just made my selection from the picture, moved it over to the collage, and filled it with black. Then I gave it a white outer glow. To make the stroke, I just followed the same steps as in the design pattern tutorial, so, once again, not much to explain there either. Next, I added a layer below the background with a blue radial gradient in the lower right corner; then, I added a layer mask to the background and used a soft black brush to make it fade into the blue layer. Next, I added the word "Memories" and converted the text into a shape. After that, I followed the same steps as in the design pattern tutorial to make it spiral around in the corner. Finally, I added the "Remembering 2010-2011" in blue at the top and gave it an outer glow. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment