Welcome

You are about to enter... the graphic design zone!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Personal Expression

Okay, so here's my personal expression! I guess I should write about the "techniques" that I used. First, I used the 5 different fonts, the maximum you can use, that I felt matched all the different traits I put in this picture. I have a radial background gradient to the major parts of my background. The blue side shows that I can be calm and serious when I need to be, but the orange corner expresses my randomness and energy. The blue part also has fading rounded rectangles that are arranged in a pattern to show that I can be honest and rigid and routine; the orange part has a bunch of circles and triangles thrown around everywhere to show that I can be random, and the diagonal lines represent motion, or energy. For the blue part, I used mainly horizontal and vertical text to represent stability, formality, and alertness. As you move towards the center orange part, the words begin to become slanted and curved; a used the "Text on a Path" tool a lot to curve the words around my picture and the gradient. I also used that tool to make the word "inquiring" look like a question mark. I experimented with some of the stuff to make the words the color they are. They started out red, but then I went to the transparency panel and changed the thing for all the words to "overlay" and left the opacity at 100%. I thought it looked cool how the color changes with the background color, so I left them like that.  I think that's about it... oh, and make sure you look for the special square about chocolate!  

No comments:

Post a Comment