Welcome

You are about to enter... the graphic design zone!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Meiji Bar!

I decided to recreate this delicious Japanese chocolate bar (one of my favorite kinds of chocolate!) for my picture recreation. As you can see, the one on the top is mine, and the one on the bottom is the photo I used. I used the pen tool for much of the picture, such as the line designs, the little tear drop looking things in the corners, and for the word "Meiji." I decided to use the pen tool for the word "Meiji" because there was no font that matched the word. I used the text tool for the word "Milk Chocolate" because the BrushScript font was also a cursive font that seemed to match the word "Milk Chocolate" close enough. I replaced the Japanese writing on the yellow sticker on the right with "It's Delicious!" because I thought it was fitting... and I didn't want to try to recreate the Japanese characters because the picture was so blurry. The only challenges I had would be trying to get the right curves using the pen tool, but other than that, I didn't have too many challenges. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy Meiji chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Spot on actually!
    There really isn't anything to critique on, so I'll just leave it at that.
    Great job on the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing job! it looks exactly like the original! i think "it's delicious" is much more fitting than the Japanese characters :)

    ReplyDelete