Welcome

You are about to enter... the graphic design zone!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quote

I chose to make the word "afraid" red, outlined and black, and larger than the rest of the words because I felt it was an important word in this quote, and red is a very exciting color.  I made "heights" blue and vertical because it makes you think of heights, and the blue reminds me of the sky, which goes on forever and makes me think of heights.  I made me larger than the rest of the words and a different color to grab people's attention because I feel it is an important word because the author is trying to make it clear that he isn't afraid of heights.  And finally, I made the word "widths" green and very wide.  It makes me think of a wide field of grass because it is green. I think the way I laid out the quote is asymmetrical because there is a lot of open space in the middle and there is nothing on the left side. I think it has a linear rhythm because there are a lot of straight lines to represent "heights" and "widths." I tried to put a lot of emphasis on the words "afraid", "heights", "me", and "widths." I tried to align things so that it portrayed "heights" and "widths" well, and I left lots of open space in the middle so I could position the author's name so that it is in the background but still very visible.

3 comments: